viernes, 14 de octubre de 2016

BAPP Task 1c Audio-Visual

The task 1c of the Module 1 of the BA (Hons) in Professional Practice at the Middlesex University consists of creating a YouTube Channel and upload a 45 second clip on ‘Starting out on BAPP Arts expressing your aspirations and intentions and how you might use the programme to support your developing professional practice’

YouTube is a video-sharing website created 11 years ago in California (USA), nowadays has become global, being one of the most influential social media in the world, it allows billions of people to watch and share a wide variety of videos like TV Shows, Music Video clips or Movie Trailers. In fact, at the moment many people watch more TV through YouTube, rather than trough the traditional TV, like me, because it allows you to watch an specific clip you want to see, you can see it again or go back at it, as well as you can interact with it. It allows a free way of watching TV, than in a traditional TV you can´t.

In the Performing Arts Area, YouTube has changed everything, nowadays you can watch and incredible amounts of shows and performers through it (Full Shows, small clips, advertisements…) Therefore I have joined the community too, since 2012 I have my own channel, here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCelchC0aa_Mr0i02EncelzA, and you can the cover of my cannel in the photo below.



In this channel I upload a variety of videos (Trailer of performances with The Latvian National Ballet, Full clips of some solos and galas, interviews and the latest one was my First Promotional Video that finish my Project, The Reborn Tour 2016). It is a great tool for my career, due it gives the chance not only to promote my work online, but also to interact with my audience, as well as reach dozens of countries worldwide that I haven´t visited yet.

Due to the BA (Hons) in Professional Practice at the Middlesex University I created another YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClr8UeeuInvnUF2DG1zihzA  to upload all my work at this course. Our first task is to create a small video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBhpYk4eUeU&feature=youtu.be to introduce us and explain why we have enrolled the course and our intentions to use for our professional practice. Even though I haven´t been in front of the camera for interviews or speeches, it always stressful when you put yourself there, when you listen to your voice, it is not a pleasant process, however it is essential that we go through it so we improve every time we see and listen to ourselves and hopefully one day It will get easier!

I hope you enjoy both of my cannel and don´t forget to subscribe so you can be updated of what´s happening there!

Gonzalo


2 comentarios:

  1. Brilliant Gonzalo - a very straightforward explanation that relates to your current professional status and your future goals.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Paula! I´m glad you like it, it took me a while to decide what to say on it to make it short and effective

      Eliminar