miércoles, 2 de noviembre de 2016

BAPP Task 2b Journal Writing Experience

The task 2b of the Module 1 of the BA (Hons) in Professional Practice at the Middlesex University consists of based upon the Reid and Moon framework we need to critically reflect upon a specific day of the last weeks using our own journals that we been doing since then. For this task is very important to anonymise if needed and also before this post has been published I have checked it all so I don´t speak to some confidential matters, as we have previously read and study in Reader 1.

Those are the different ways to write and different methods to create journal writing according to the Reid and Moon Framework:
- Description
- Initial Reflection
- List
- Evaluation
- Graphs, diagrams and drawings
- What if?
- Another view

In my case when I am writing my journal I use mostly Description, Initial Reflection, List and sometimes Evaluation. I think that it is mainly because of how my thoughts are working at the end of the day, especially because for me the journal gives me the opportunity to reflect and to evaluate each day, what I have achieved, what were my feelings about important issues, and also sometimes to reflect, how I deal with some problems or mistakes for example on a performance, when I have done a mistake, how I have to quickly react to it and don´t let the audience know that I have failed on that step, they will even think that the choreography was supposed to be like that.

On the other hand I haven´t used Graphs, diagrams and drawings, What if? And Another View because it doesn´t come natural to me to reflect on my thoughts through those paths, however, this task has opened my mind to encourage myself to open my mind to new ways to reflect to gradually introduce those ones into my thinking process.



Here you can see an extract of my journal from last Wednesday, (Please note that due to confidential there are some parts that have been omitted from this post), because I considered a really exciting and important day, mainly because I was really excited to perform our first dress rehearsal in Riga with audience of the ballet “Peer Gynt” by Edward Clug (Photo below), as well as my first to the impressive National Library of Latvia (Photo below):
“Another, incredibly busy day, not only because of this new premiere, Pers Gints, but also because I went for the fist time to the National Library here in Riga…. What an incredibly building it is, with 11 floors and more than 6 million printed works as they have told me, it makes it the biggest in Baltics, and surely a great one too in Europe, I visited there the exposition Open Fields by the Riga Art Science Festival, and I was astonished too by it, and it gave great ideas for my future projects…. “


Writing a journal, it is such a passionate and helpful experience, if you haven´t tried it yet, I highly recommend you to do it, and you will love it!

Gonzalo




7 comentarios:

  1. Good entries - thanks for considering for your bog - this made me look up your work! and thank you to Google that translated the page into english in the first instance and now here in english https://www.opera.lv/en/production/peer-gynt/ I was just at the British Library and go t a bit of your sensation - knowledge personified - very powerful!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Thanks for your comment, yes Libraries are knowledge personified itself as you said! You have such an incredible feeling of history, knowledge and inspiration, all in one!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi gonzalo, firstly I must say great blog! I've just had a look around and it's so informative and very helpful! I was struggling on 'how to write' blogs about my journal, what bits I should leave in and possibly take out and after looking through yours it has really helped. So thank you!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi gonzalo, firstly I must say great blog! I've just had a look around and it's so informative and very helpful! I was struggling on 'how to write' blogs about my journal, what bits I should leave in and possibly take out and after looking through yours it has really helped. So thank you!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Georgie, Thank you very much, I´m glad you have find my blog useful, feel free to come back, read it and use it to help you with BAPP!

      Eliminar
  5. Hi Gonzola,

    really enjoyed reading your blog, I didn't particularly find the what if? and another view? techniques of interest either, i found them a little too far fetched! I agree with using descriptive as like you i've found it to be the best way to describe my day!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Lucy,

      Thank you so much for your comment, I´m glad that you have enjoyed reading the blog, it is interesting that we have used the same ways to do the journal, for me description, it is the one that I have been using the most, because it suits my way of thinking perfectly! Looking forward to keep reading your blog too!

      Eliminar